Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday Into Monday

Two days post-chemo: tired, but got through the day okay mostly on the couch with my camera, laptop, and beading supplies nearby. My big exertions were Millie's walk Sunday afternoon and a swim this morning. Not much sleep last night, a little unsteady in the gut this morning, but doing okay.

Some highlights...

1. Sunday breakfast: while J~ and B~ ate pancakes with bananas, yogurt, and maple syrup, my stomach demanded this: steamed kale and shitake mushrooms with chickpeas, avocado, diced bell pepper, olive oil, garlic, and ground flax. I can't say it hit the spot, but at least it went down easy.


2. During the day Sunday, Millie gets a grooming, love, and a high-five from the men of the house.




3. The walk: cold and windy, but the light was crisp and the sky was blue, and Millie got a surprise reunion with her old pal, Maggie.





3. Last but far from least, a conversation this morning with my stepson:

I came down the stairs from bed, groggy as he was preparing to go out for the school bus. "Good morning!" he chirped, to which I struggled to respond in kind.

"Let's have a hug," I said finally. "We haven't been doing enough of that lately." Mid-hug, I held tighter. "A good one," I added.

After, I told him, "I read that humans need at least four really good hugs a day."

His response?

"Well, I'd be happy to give you three more."

6 comments:

Kerry said...

...interesting how cravings work......some go for sweet, others, savory...would have eaten that veggie mess myself. Your blogs are great and show a big change...a happier Amy change!
Peace~

Kelly said...

I know that you're going through something so incredibly difficult but I have to say that what I hear when I read your blog is strength, courage and love. Your pictures of and the time you spend with Millie just warm my heart. I'm so glad that you have such a support system, fur and all.

Anonymous said...

I love you, B! From your newly adopted Grandma

Anonymous said...

Made me want to eat kale and hug my dogs. Like your writing.

Anonymous said...

I love the hug experience you wrote about. Thank you for sharing. Love your writing!

Just me said...

What a great moment with your stepson. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.