Friday, February 11, 2011

Turning the Corner



I began to feel better yesterday afternoon, just a slight relent on the inner-squeeze. Even so, I'm truly not sure I can handle another round of chemo next week. If you ask me in just the right tone, I'll be reduced to tears at the thought of it.

On the surface, I look like I'm doing okay - I can smile and joke and I can even walk the dog.

Oh how I'd rather be flat on my back with a virus. At least I'd have the sense that my immune system is taking care of me, that deep down the foundation of my health is intact. Chemo creates a far more insidious unease, where the core sense of health is shaken while the peripherals remain basically intact. I am trying to describe the indescribable here. If you can't imagine what this feels like, good. I hope that never changes for you.

For today's blog, I'm bringing you yesterday's first attempt at vlogging. The music is my own composition, my own recording. I've set it up so that you can purchase the track from iTunes for a dollar (okay, to be exact, 99 cents) but it probably won't be available there until March 1st. I'll keep you posted.

Enjoy...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE!!!!!!!
-MH

Delaney's Duds said...

love the tunes. you have an amazing way with words and I think you are doing a great job describing the undescribable.

Motherofmany said...

your video is wonderful! i also love how your scarf matches your sweet dog! :D

Anonymous said...

Love the vlog. It adds another dimension. Thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better than the day you made the vlog. The snow is beautiful (grass/snow is always greener/whiter--I'm in California and we are weather-less here.)

Paula said...

Beautiful composition! I like the vlog concept. I can only hope you feel better and able to endure another round of chemo. It's good to be outdoors, playing with Millie and walking with J~, steering clear of those viruses floating around. You look so good and strong, throwing that ball. :)

Anonymous said...

I dont' comment much but I promise I have been following for a long time. I don't comment much because I don't have much witty, interesting or inspiring to say. That being said I did want to comment now to tell you how in awe I am of you, your talents and your strength.

I will totally buy your song/composition when it comes available, please do keep us posted on that.

Be well,

Jen