Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day After Chemo #4 and Still Kicking

I am feeling rather well, considering that I just had chemo yesterday. However, I felt rather well last time at about this point in the cycle. If things go as they have, tomorrow will begin a slide downhill that will last late into the week.

And yes, if you're wondering, I did the 100% chemo dose. My gut tells me 80% would have been enough. My gut also tells me I can recover from 100%. And so, like the raised-christian doubters who baptize their kids "just in case," I went through with the entire prescribed ritual.



Hopefully I don't live to regret it. No, that's not what I mean to say. Hopefully I live to regret many many things. And then live on with the fortitude to make all the necessary reparations.

This quote doesn't exactly line up, but close enough: Like Jill Conner Browne says in her sweet and hilarious book, American Thighs: The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Preserving Your Assets: "Live like you've got all day tomorrow to apologize."

3 comments:

Serena said...

You will kick the ass out of this thing. You are way stronger than the disease, and an inspiration.

In Due Time said...

Just wanted to send you love. I love your videos. So raw and so real. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your support system in action. J~ looks like he is a good person to lean on when you need to.

Sending strength for the next few days. I'll be checking in on you.

For what's worth, I'm glad you did the 100%.

Carrie