Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ragnar Relay

More of my videos here.

Though I feel great in every other way, the neuropathy got a little worse this week - nothing super-uncomfortable, just a little numbness in my toes. But apparently this raises enough of a red flag to possibly postpone chemotherapy again.

The verdict came in late this afternoon: Assuming my white count is better. I'll get chemo tomorrow, again only 80% of the standard dose.

Of the ten Taxol treatments I've received so far, only two were full-dose, one was 88%, and the rest were eighty. Who knows what that means in terms of my future cancer prognosis. All I know is: just two more chemo treatments remain and I'm VERY eager to be done.

Another thing – In the three weeks after chemo ends and before radiation begins, I'm going to do my best to cordon off entire days just for me. A lot of them. No deadlines, no appointments, not even social commitments. I had a surprise day like that Tuesday when chemo was postponed and I was happier and more relaxed than I've felt in a long time. I need more days like that.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

Sadly I had friends running in the relay and I didn't make it to the school to cheer them on :-( Thank you for posting this video!