Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weeds




I spent the bulk of the day today at Silver Circle Gallery prepping my artwork for hanging. The show begins tomorrow, and though it was a long time in coming and I was reasonably prepared, it still felt like a whirlwind effort. I'm glad I have a few weeks to gather myself before the reception.

In the meantime, I seem to be putting the worst of cancer's post-traumatic aversion to long-term planning behind me, as my project list and corresponding To Do lists are growing about as wildly and recklessly as the weeds in my garden.

There's nothing to be done about it (the real weeds, that is, as well as the figurative). I have my hands full gathering tomatoes and cucumbers and putting the finishing touches on my triathlon training. Just three more weeks before the (scary!) Ironman 70.3.

In the midst of all of this, my stepson goes off to college.

And then comes cancer check-ups. House cleaning. To Do list weeding. And a new chapter of life.

No comments: