Monday, May 07, 2012

Why Not?

I love how Millie is literally sitting on the couch in this picture!

What were we staring at? I don't remember. But we both need a haircut.

I recently watched a talk given by filmmaker Kevin Smith in which he encouraged people to follow their dreams, whether it be opening a cupcake shop or making a movie. He says that there will always be people saying, Why? Why do this? Why do you want to do that? Why do you think you can do that? But we need to surround ourselves with Why not? And go ahead and do the things that thrill us and scare us.

So okay I did it. I signed up for the FirmMan half-ironman race in Narragansett on September 9th. I said in my last post that I was holding off until sure its something I want to do. I'm still not sure. But I am convinced that attempting things that we're not entirely sure we can pull off is good, especially if the idea of pulling it off is at least a little bit thrilling.

And besides, why not?

No comments: