Monday, June 13, 2011

Now is Now

Rice penne, onion and garlic, crimini mushrooms, burdock root, fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, chick peas, and Swiss chard. Sauted with tamari and a splash of red wine.

Tomorrow is set-up day for radiation. I'll get a CT scan, three little dot tattoos on my torso which they'll use to line up with the radiation beams, and a casted "immobilization mold" which will be used to hold my body in the exact same position every time I'm treated, beginning three weeks from now - 28 times, five days a week for nearly six weeks.

I'm at the point now where all of this cancer treatment stuff is getting just plain tedious.

So let's change the subject, shall we?

I am behind on sharing my meals with you. Many salads, a few exceptions, and a bit of a sesame seed fetish. Feast your eyes:

Dinner with my friend W~. She brought the falafel, I made the salad (with balsamic vinegar) and the lemon-tahini sauce.
Extras, because I was in the mood: red cabbage kimchee, and popcorn with olive oil, sea salt, nutritional yeast, dill, and paprika. If you haven't tried paprika on popcorn, get to it! It's delicious.

Black beans and guacamole, plus red onions, dandelion greens, beets, shaved carrots and summer squash.

This one is undressed. I liked the clean colors and the clean, simple taste. (Though I did later add salty and tangy umeboshi vinegar).
Tofu, orange bell pepper, red onion, radicchio, and spinach.

Spinach, radicchio, avocado, chick peas, onion, grape tomatoes, and sweet red grapefruit, and a simple vinaigrette (with sesame seeds, of course).


On this day I craved moisture and crunch: fuji apples and romaine lettuce answered the call. Plus carrots, yellow peppers, and good old sesame-lemon vinaigrette.

Black beans and basmati rice, onion, carrot, tomato, cilantro, and crunchy jicama with a twist of lime. Oh yeah, and sesame seeds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, how you aren't the healthiest person in the world eating that stuff I will never know.

Someday I hope to eat better. I will use your eating habits as inspiration.

Does that stuff even taste good? I guess it does.

Sorry to sound like an idiot.

I'm kind of an idiot.
:)

Carrie

Ally said...

I love the comment Carrie made, it made me VERY happy :)

Amy, I am amazed at your ability to eat healthy, I am super jealous! Keep your head up girl, you're beautiful and amazing, and one of the strongest people I know!

Paula said...

Your salads are amazingly beautiful. I can only imagine they are equally delicious. Mmmmm!

Emily said...

Your food always looks so fantastic. Its been inspiring me to eat better.