Wednesday, March 09, 2011

P.S.

Since my previous post, several excellent suggestions have emerged for additional reading:



I haven't read this one, but my husband has and we've had some interesting conversations as a result. Cancer has a long history. This book lays it all out.




This title has been recommended to me several times, an inspiring account of taking charge of one's healing by bolstering the spirit with hopefulness, humor, and the healing power of the mind.



This one is my own suggestion, inspired by some insightful comments on the last post. It's a beautifully written exploration of environment and disease and the scientific and political challenges to tracking the connection between the two. I read it many years ago, and I'm pleased to see there's a second edition.

No comments: