Friday, June 09, 2006

Electric Umbilicle

My dear blogophiles, I am writing to you from the public library to convey the message: You are not forgotten! The power cord for my laptop, on the other hand, is another story. I wrote a blog entry on the return flight, and discovered when I got home, after my battery gave out, that I left that blessed umbilicle behind in L.A. When it arrives via Priority Mail on Monday (I hope) I'll put a spit-shine on my trip report and promptly upload.

In the meantime, two pieces of news:

1. I spoke to the periodontist's office today. As it turns out, there will be only one dental surgery rather than two. That means there is no medical reason to hold off on pregnancy attemps after June 16th. Emotional and physical reasons may still abound, as does debate on the topic in the comments on this blog. (I love all of you passionate readers, by the way.)

2. I spoke to the school I teach at during the summer. Turns out, both classes will run. I'll have two full days of work, Tuesday and Friday, to keep me commuting back and forth to J~'s this summer in short stints. Mixed feelings: glad for the work, glad for the money, glad for the time alone to focus on my work on Wednesdays and Thursdays. But also, disappointment, because I'd like to be in the country, I'd like to be with my love, and also, who am I kidding? I'm probably not going to be using those off days to focus on work. I'll probably be driving back and forth a lot more, that's all.

1 comment:

Katalyst said...

Yay for only one dental surgery! Everything else will fall into place, I'm sure!