Monday, December 05, 2005

Slings and Arrows

Several days ago I wrote about why women have abortions. I knew that what I reported would be hard for some people to read. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that it happened, but I am.

I had to throw a comment in the trash.

I really didn't want to do it. I believe in freedom of speech. But come to think of it, I also believe in freedom of movement. We all should be allowed to dance and jump and flail our arms to our hearts' content, as long as, in the process, we don't maliciously wack others in the face.

I'm not saying you can't make statements of conflicting beliefs. I'm not saying you shouldn't back them up with passionate arguement. But as far as this blog is concerned, if you can't refrain from name-calling and dropping curses on those you disagree with, unfortunately (because you may have some very valid points that others would benefit from hearing) you won't be allowed a voice here at all. So please, if you're reading this (you know who you are) take a deep breath, count to ten, and give it another go.

Really, I'd appreciate it if you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To buytrafficforblog... Okay, abortion is a sin in your religion. What if I am not your religion? (I am probably not.) You still view it as a sin, but I may not. Is it right for you to impose your religious beliefs on someone who does not share them?

(Sorry, I do not have a blogger account... my name is Kai)