Monday, August 07, 2006

Speculation

Here we go again.

For those of you who've never taken a ride on the am-I-am-I-not roller coaster, let me tell you, it's a pretty compelling ride. It's not an obsession strictly of the mind, either. The body keeps nudging you back to pay closer attention. For everyone living outside my body, however, this might be a whole lot of boring speculation, so I'll limit myself to one paragraph. Here goes:

My breasts are sore. Though they are rarely as sore as they are right now, it isn't the first time I've had sore breasts and thought it meant I was pregnant. Then again, looking back at all my monthly charts (which I've been keeping, more or less, since March 2005) this is the earliest I ever reported such a symptom (the fifteenth day of this cycle). Even during my last, ill-fated pregnancy, I didn't report breast tenderness until the nineteenth day.

My period isn't due until Sunday.

This is going to be a long week.

No comments: