Saturday, November 19, 2005

Why?

I'll tell you why: Because the clock is ticking down. Because I've had two miscarriages this year. Because I'm still not done processing the abortion I had at seventeen. And because I still can't decide, though I desperately fear missing my chance: Babies or not?

Also, because two nights after my last miscarriage (on Wednesday, November 9 — ten days ago) I sat up writing until four in the morning, and then got up and wrote some more. The result: a 9,500 word essay covering every facet of my dilemma. Apparently I have a lot to say.

The fact is, just about half (49%) of all pregnancies in this country are unplanned, and about half of those (24%) are aborted. (As soon as I figure out how, I'll put a link to the source of those statistics here.) What with so many of us warming up to motherhood later in our reproductive years, I must not be the only one rethinking the choices I made way back when. And I know for a fact that some of you contemplating abortion are worried about finding yourself in my position.

I hope that by sharing my experience both at home and at work (while guarding the privacy of those I counsel, of course), I can be of some use to other women struggling with their fertility, or lack thereof. And frankly, I also hope that some of you reading this — and I do hope there are some of you reading this — will share your thoughts and stories as well. I look forward to hearing from you.

So so so SO much more to come....

9 comments:

safemtpkit said...

buy abortion pill pack usa from the best online pharmacy in USA.

Women's Exceptional Care said...

Hello, I am Michelle Gerber, a women's health consultant and advisor and works at Privacypillrx. It's an online healthcare store where we provide abortion pills for women who want to terminate their unwanted pregnancies. our products are MTP KIT, Cytolog, Mifeprex, Mifepristone, Misoprostol, etc. I will guide women about pills and how to Buy MTP KIT Online for safe pregnancy termination at home.

safematernology said...

Very well explained.
Buy Abortion Pill Pack online USA from Safematernology for safe successful, pain less medical abortion at home.

Buy Tapentadol Online said...

We appreciate you providing us with information of this nature.

finasteride 1mg said...

The medication finasteride, which comes in both brand-name and generic forms, lowers the amount of dihydrotestosterone produced in the scalp. It is among the most frequently suggested treatments by dermatologists and is FDA-approved for the treatment of cases of androgenic alopecia.

Buy Ivermectin Australia said...

Ivermectin is a medication used to treat parasites such intestinal parasites in animals and scabies in people.

MB Wear Fun Unisex Cycling Socks said...

MB Wear is a brand that specializes in producing high-quality, performance-oriented cycling apparel, including cycling socks.

Carisoprodol 350mg said...

For short-term muscle pain and discomfort management, carisoprodol 350mg is used. Rest, physical therapy, and other treatments are frequently combined with it. Muscle relaxation is how it works.

Austin Duke said...

Hello Asutin As a product manager here, work for ModafinilUSA. what we Offer Healthy individuals can use nootropics and smart medicines, which can be either natural or synthetic, to enhance their mental performance.