Monday, August 15, 2011

I Am

If you're wondering what happens when you get radiation for breast cancer, here's the inside story.

I am:
  • Two days into Tamoxifen with naught but a few hot flashes to show for it. 
  • Officially invited to be a Youtube partner (which means advertising will be placed with my videos and I might make a few pennies for my efforts).
  • Done with radiation! Yahoo!
  • Still sore and occasionally tired. But not terribly so.
  • Enamored with my seven-year-old niece's amazing alter ego character. You'll be meeting Macho in video soon.
  • Beginning a new painting today.
  • Playing tennis with my brother tomorrow, if it ever stops raining.
  • Taking a friend who just found out she has breast cancer to the doctor on Wednesday.
  • Behind on my blogging. (Sorry!)
  • Still trying to catch up on a backlog of videos. These are the latest.

I'm proud of this one, a real, full-spectrum make-you-laugh make-you-cry experience here. More of my videos here.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I'm so glad you're doing well on the Tamoxifen so far! I can really relate to all the agonizing and second-guessing, and the sense of urgency to live every day to the fullest now (and guilt when I don't). Thanks as always for sharing and good luck with the triathlon!

Anonymous said...

Amy, take the damn drug, stop thinking and live!!!!!