Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Deep Thoughts

On Monday, I was planning to follow up on the ideas from Annie Dillard's we're-all-going-to-die so write-till-you-drop thing, but that Baby Anakin conversastion fell in my lap while I was trying to decide what to say. So here I am, once again, and I've been brooding. But I've got little to show for it.

Sometimes, when facing inevitable death, writing is the last thing on your mind.

Today's pulse check reveals what's becoming standard status for me: still in love, still not-quite divorced, still ambivalently and nail-bitingly aspiring to parenthood, still using condoms, still working toward the big move-in with J~. We've been seeing each other for five months now.

Time flies.

So, until I think of something new to say, I'll leave you with one of my favorite "Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey, of Saturday Night Live fame:

Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank"and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery and that's why so is mankind.

No comments: