Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Making Time for Living

More of my videos here.
Today I listened to a message from the cancer center - no red flags in the blood tests they did last week, save for one: they forgot to do the liver function panel. Now I'm supposed to go to one of their labs (at least 45 minute drive, plus another 45 home again) for another needle stick. Because my veins are so chewed up from chemo, they stick me in weird, sensitive places - the back of my hand, the side of my wrist. I am not eager for the drive, the chore, the pain.

My first thought was rebellious. NO. Not gonna do it. They don't get any more of my blood until September. Not my fault, not my problem.

But then again, it's my life on the line, not the lab technician's.

So I will compromise. I'm not going to do anything about it today.

Next week, I'll think about it.

No comments: