Monday, January 08, 2007

Withholding No More

It's not fair. I should have told you this earlier. I'm a bad blogger. Bad. I left you completely out of the discussion that led to today's important turn of events:

J~ is going to the doctor this afternoon to get his sperm checked. Why assume it's just my body that's not cooperating?

"You could meet me there," he said, but I told him I feel a little uncomfortable about going along. After all, they're going to put him in a little room to fill a cup. I don't think they'll let me in with him, and how strange is that to flip through magazines while your husband is jerking off in the next room?

But then this morning I woke up with a change of heart. I asked, "Do you want me to come with you?"

After some deliberation where we clarified the word 'want" as opposed to "need", he said yes, so there you have it, I'm going. House and Garden, here I come.

One other thing you should know: after my last blog entry, I thought, obviously, I'm not over this yet. So tomorrow, I'm going for my first appointment with a counselor (a professional health-insurance-taking counselor, that is) since the few I had right after the ex left. I haven't met this one yet, so we'll see how it goes.

And I promise to let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart to get counseling -- don't think of it as you "need" counseling, think of it as you DESERVE it, because you deserve to be happy and free of all that's troubling you.

Shelley

Anonymous said...

A good wife would be in that room with her husband giving him a hand.